Introduction to First Line Management
The unit will develop knowledge, skills and behaviours appropriate for a first line manager. It will develop the learners ability to reflect on basic problems encountered by a first line manager and provide them with techniques for minimising or overcoming these problems.
Online only – content available during the month of March. Live webinar on the 7th March.
You will cover
- UK employment law
- Employment and staff development
Key Skills you will develop
- Knowledge and understanding of UK employment law and how it is applied within the workplace
- An understanding of the principles for promoting equal opportunities in the workplace
- An understanding of the principles of recruitment, development, and retention of staff
- An understanding of the importance of staff retention
- Ability to reflect on the importance of management styles and behaviours