This unit will develop the learner’s ability to communicate in a range of situations relevant to their workplace and ensure…
Upcoming Diploma and CPD Courses
This unit aims to provide candidates with an understanding of the physiological processes relevant to pain and distress in laboratory…
This module provides an overview of the severity assessment framework, its contribution to improving animal welfare, promoting implementation of the…
Flexibility: Choose your own modules
- Knowledge and understanding of the structural organisation and function of major body systems, and how they interact with each other
- Safe and accurate execution of practical experiments
- Ability to illustrate the contribution of these topics to the better understanding of animal welfare, technology and credible scientific research.
Progression: Taking the next step
- We offer Level 4 – 6 Diplomas in a range of subjects specific to Laboratory Animal Science and Technology.
- Once completing a diploma level, you can start applying for the next level.
- There is no obligation to complete all 3 years and you can take a break between levels, returning to study when the time is right for you.
Support: Financial aid for training
We work with AS-ET, an educational charity that can provide funding to those that are unable to cover the costs of a course/courses. AS-ET is a registered charity that was created with the objective of distributing grants in order to advance education and promote excellence in the care and welfare of animals in science.
Now partnered with Advance at MRC Harwell
We are now partnered with the Advance Training Centre at MRC Harwell to help provide high quality courses in their purpose built, state of the art training facility.
What our students say
“Attending CLAST was a great opportunity to learn from others. I was able to extend my skills and knowledge which in turn gave me confidence in my own abilities to produce ideas that improved my work practices. It opened up opportunities to learn from the experienced teachers, the different work practices and knowledge from my peers. Ultimately it forms links of communication and a support network, not only through the course, but for the future.”
Danielle - Level 6 graduate
“My studies with CLAST whilst challenging have been very enjoyable. They have helped me progress throughout my career, as well as given me the opportunity to make some close friends in the industry. All the teachers were very knowledgeable in their fields and very approachable, even for the silly questions.”
Sam - Level 6 graduate
“What I most liked about studying with CLAST was the teaching staff, they were superb and took time out to explain anything that was not understood. I still keep in touch with some of them and think of them as friends.”
Patrick - Student
Make sure you never miss an opportunity…
Subscribe to our newsletter to get notified about upcoming courses, enrolment dates and important animal research news.