The aim of this unit is to provide the learner with the ability to demonstrate the skills required to carry out a range of common laboratory skills safely and accurately.
Hybrid learning – 25th Sept 2024 10-11am Zoom, 3rd October 9.30-4.30pm at Advance Training centre.
You will cover
- Light Microscopy
- Laboratory equipment
Key Skills you will develop
- Demonstrate the skills required to use laboratory equipment (e.g. light microscope, centrifuge use/safety or using a PCR machine) effectively for routine animal husbandry or scientific purposes
- Ability to calibrate and use basic laboratory equipment
- Demonstrate correct preparation of different types of formulations
- Be able to collect data with appropriate levels of accuracy
- Understand the importance of correctly and accurately reporting results